I called Sears to repair my dryer in Dec.2012.The dryer was making noise but it was working.

The tech cane out he ordered two parts and a s usual we had to wait two weeks. Tech came back out did not replace the parts he changed his mind about what wad wrong with the dryer. He changed a wheel on the dryer. Once he let the dryer started making noise again but this time my dryer started smoking and we could smell something burning.

We had to unplug thd dryer for fear it would catch on fire. I called Sears back to let them know what happen. I spoke with a Dora who said I have wait 2 more weeks for another tech to come out she reordered the partz again. I tried to request a tech to come out next day becuase of the burning scent from the dryer she just I have to wait.

The next day I called to speak with manager I spoke with a Linda, Jessie, Brook, Cassie etc I was transffered all over Sears and I was hung up on. My dryer is still not working I have not received any parts anf nor have I received a voucher of 500 that Sears promise if they can nit repair your appkiance under their warranty plan.

I never did get to speak with a manger nor a supervisor.The worst ever service plan never call Sears they don't care.

Had an Experience with Sears Home Services?

Comments

SearsCares
Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United States #594521

Anonymous1951,

I am Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support Team. I saw your comment here and I wanted to reach out and apologize on behalf of Sears for the difficulties that have occurred with your dryer. From your post, I can see how irritating is to have your dryer serviced and have to wait for the reordered parts to arrive. Even more, I find it frustrating to receive poor customer service when trying to rectify the situation. We would like to contact you and further discuss your recent experience and see if there is anything we can do to make this right. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (Anonymous1950) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Sears Extended Warranty is a Scam!!

We purchased an LG washer from Sears along with the extended warranty.On Dec.

23rd, the washer stopped working and we called Sears. As with everyone else, we had to wait 2 weeks to get a tech to our house. As an aside, no other repair service has these kinds of waits. The tech came, spent about 10 minutes looking at the washer, said it had a leak, the motor had frozen and needed new parts, but our model wasn't in the computer.

As he is telling us this, I was in front of a computer, so I immediately goggled the model-which I found at Sears Parts direct. The tech told me which parts we needed. However, because he had already signed off on this appointment, we would need to call Sears and get the parts ordered as our repair had gone to STACKS (this is a research arm that helps the incompetent techs do their job).He suggested we call which we began to do. Over the course of the next 2 weeks, we called almost daily and spoke with many people.

Finally, a guy in Texas ordered the parts we needed. Apparently, they do not have computers in any of the Sears offices throughout the country. That is if you believe them, which I really do not any more. We got the parts and yesterday two guys came to install them.

Guess what? They determined that we needed more parts ($1100 worth plus the $400 we already had) They ordered them and we now have them. We are looking at getting someone here two weeks out. In my...

A new machine would cost about $900 delivered and installed.

They have big problems at Sears, this two week business is crazy. They do not stand by their warranty (we were told if it could not be fixed in 30 days, they would get us a new machine. There is no way it will be fixed within 30 days). The repair technicians are not knowledgeable.

This is why they have to have a department to help them. Yesterday's guys left stuff all over the floor, knowing that my husband is blind. They also didn't know that you have to turn off the water before unscrewing the hoses, seriously you can't make this stuff up! Their rates are no bargain.

Right now I am about ready to go get a new machine (which is what I think they really want you to do) and just take them to court.

I will be heading down to small claims at some point, and I urge everyone else who encounters these problems to do likewise.Sears will have to hire someone to represent them in court and it is worthwhile to give them this aggravation.

SearsCares
to Midge Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United States #594524

Midge,

I came across your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support Team. I am very sorry to hear that we have let you down with the repair of your washer. I understand how frustrating it can be to order parts and find out even more parts need to be ordered for your washer. I would like to have one of our dedicated case managers speak with you to further discuss your recent experience. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the washer is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (Midge) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.