Featured Not resolved
2.0

On June 26, our washer suddenly refused to work.LG directed me to two companies in the area that were authorized repair reps.

Both were busy and didn’t get back to me, so 48 hours later, I was casting about for a repair solution and came across Sears. Sears arrived on June 29th and the tech determined that the machine’s control board was non-functional and needed replacement. He placed an order for replacement part with Sears, but when this part was delivered to the house a visual comparison of the two parts made it clear that this part was incorrect. .

I phoned LG, the washer manufacturer and verified through their executive customer service that the original part from the washer was the only one which would work for this machine, which I communicated to all customer service persons and subsequent techs. A second tech was dispatched to the house two weeks later to validate my findings and order a second part which when it arrived proved to not even be a control board. After speaking with supervisors at customer service who promised a $30 gift card to Sears for my trouble (which never arrived) and waiting another week and a half, a third tech arrived and ordered a third part, which was also wrong. LG finally dispatched their own tech, who determined that a piece of clothing had become wedged between drum and agitator.

I replaced the board from a parts website, and finally, after almost two months the washer was again working. Technicians two and three took incorrect parts 1 and 2 back to the Sears warehouse with them when they left and part 3 to be returned to Sears via UPS . I requested a full refund from Sears for parts and service and was contacted by a representative from Atlanta in the second week of August who informed me that it would be processed shortly. I called customer service on 9/5/2017, endured a disconnect during service, and then was informed that my refund was supposed to be applied to my credit card by 5PM on 9/5.

I attempted to inform the representative that I had paid by check, and it was unlikely that Sears had a credit card on file, but the representative happily informed me it would be credited to my card again, and in the event that it did not, to call back the next day. As you can imagine, there was no credit to the credit card, so I called back on the 6th, experienced another disconnect, and was eventually transferred to a lady who gave me my first case number – she informed me that the parts department needed to confirm part costs before refunds could be issued, and I should expect to hear from them within 24-48 hours. Having heard nothing from parts, I again called on 9/11, spent another 40 minutes speaking to customer service representatives and was advised a second time that parts would be calling me within 24-48 hours. Having heard nothing from parts, I again called on 9/20, spent another 15 minutes speaking to customer service representatives before being disconnected and spending another 40 minutes speaking to a new customer service representative, before finally being advised a third time that parts would be calling me within 24-48 hours.

Having heard nothing from parts, I again called on 9/25, spent another 45 minutes speaking to customer service representatives, and refused to be put off another period of time. At this point the representative said she could go ahead and process the refund for the amount of the part, but that a representative would have to be in touch within the next 24-48 hours regarding the service part of the refund. She told me to expect something in the mail in the next 7-10 business days. The following day I received a call from Sears – she could barely speak English, but after some fumbling about it became clear that she was attempting to locate one of the parts that had been returned to Sears, and that this was somehow related to a refund for the part – which I understood from the conversation the day before had been processed – so maybe it hadn’t?

After telling her that all parts had been returned through agents of Sears or UPS, she advised me that someone would be in touch with me again… in 24-48 hours. At this point, I wrote a letter to the CEO and expressed my concerns, which got no response. I called after this to executive customer service and asked for assistance, and was contacted by representatives from the same customer service pool that I was in prior to calling. Finally, I got one who told me that we would be getting a refund check by October 24th for service.

Amy and I went out of town, and when we got back at the end of that week….

No check!I called back again and was told that someone would be in touch with me, and finally after calling a second time I was told by a customer service rep that they would offer me $40 refunded from my service call, but the service was non-refundable typically and the notes in the account said not to pay me more than that.

Review about: Sears Home Services Washing Machine Repair.

I liked: Technicians had good attitudes.

I didn't like: Customer service, Competence in solving issue, Scheduling, Refund process, Incorrect parts.

Comments