I was scheduled for annual maintenance on my washer, dryer and dishwasher from 10 am - 2 pm. The technician arrived and spent about 5 minutes looking at each appliance.

In the past the service has included a multiple point check and cleaning, this technician did not do his job. The appliance is supposed to work better than it did before the service. When I asked about a noise that the dryer was making he stated that a dryer specialist would have to come look at it. What was he??? He's is supposed to be the technician.

When the technician was leaving I asked what he did to service the appliances. He stated that he pushed some buttons to check for codes and everything seemed ok. This is the list of items to be checked. I guess I should have printed this off when he was here so he knew what he was supposed to be checking. 5 minutes doesn't cut it!

Washer Maintenance Service

•Check the fill cycle and water temperature for wash settings.

•Ensure correct pump out and spin cycles.

•Check for excessive noise and vibration during spin cycle.

•Check timer for correct operation.

•Inspect belt for wear and adjust tension (belt drive washers).

•Check motor coupling mechanism for wear (direct drive models).

•Verify clutch/shifter mechanism is functioning properly.

•Check for proper spin and agitate speeds.

•Check door/lid lock for proper alignment and operation.

•Inspect electrical system for proper ground and secure connections.

•Check tub and hoses for leaks.

•Check drain pipe or laundry tub.

•Inspect motor coupling for wear.

•Check door boot for leaks.

•Check level of machine.

•Verify pedestals and/or stacking kits are properly secured.

•Check fill and drain hoses for proper connection.

•Check air dome for debris and pressure hose for secure fit at pressure switch.

•Inspect door bellow and dispenser areas for buildup; advise on cleaning/maintenance.

Dryer Maintenance Service

•Check front and rear drum seals.

•Check the drum belt, idler pulley and support rollers for wear.

•Check the exhaust system for leaks, kinks, or obstructions.

•Cycle check the burner for proper ground and secure connections.

•Inspect electrical systems for proper ground and secure connections.

•Check thermostat temperatures and verify high heat.

•Check time for correct cycle operation.

•Check moisture bar operation and clean the moisture bars.

•Check gas line and connections for leaks.

•Check machine component functions by operating dryer through short cycle.

•Check level of machine.

•Vacuum the inside of dryer.

I checked the appliances after the technician left, nothing was cleaned.

It is now 4:30, I have been waiting for 5 hours since he left for this so called specialist. I called Sears to get customer service. The person on the phone stated that the dispatch office is closed. Really? at 4:30 in the afternoon. The manager on the floor could only offer another day of service. I wasted my entire day, took off work because of their lousy 4 hour window of time and still I have no service today and have to do this all again???

Customer Service SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of washer. Sears Home Services needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned washer in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sears Home Services.

Had an Experience with Sears Home Services?

Comments