I called to have my dryer repaired.Repairman said there was a problem with the blower motor and he would have to order a part and come back to fix.

Nothing for a couple of weeks. Cannot get contractor to answer or return calls; several calls to the Sears Home Warranty people; put on hold and cut-off. No call back even though they have my phone number. Called again agent said they sent message to prior agent to call me back.

No call. Called again then told that the contractor said the problem was due to not properly maintaining the blower motor in the dryer and this was not covered. In my many years of owning a variety of dryers, I have never known of any procedure that needed to be done to maintain the blower motor in my dryer!!! They are relying on people just giving up when calls are not returned and mis-information is given .

When talking to the other reps previously they did not give me this information as I do not believe it was in their system. How did it suddenly appear in their system after I had begun to follow up and call repeatedly?? This is actually another company that operates under many different names. I asked the Claims Department Agent what company he worked for.

It is Cross Country Home Services which is actually just a bunch of call centers that do this under various names. Their main office is in Florida, the agent I talked to was in Fort Worth.

I am cancelling agreement and will dispute any further monthly charges to my credit card.Do not deal with this company or anyone it represents.

Review about: Sears Home Services Home Warranty Plan.

I liked: Nightmare.

I didn't like: Run a round i was given, Inability to repair, Quality of product, Obvious deceptive practices once trying to resolve claim.

Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Warranty issue / $600
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Sears Home Services?

Comments

I have been posting about this for months.Sears sells the warranty nothing is ever covered.

It is sold thru cross country and the small print excludes everything.

Contact the bbb and the news media we are trying to do a national story on this.Rochester, NY