1.5
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

On MAY 12th I noticed that my SEARS KENMORE ELITE refrigerator model 975 with LG parts was not cooling. I poured milk into my coffee and it instantly curdled.

I called Sears Appliance Repair to schedule a repair appointment. The customer service rep offered me a SEARS HOME WARRANTY, explained the repair and replace benefits, and how great this warranty is, and then the SELLING POINT...THIS REPAIR WILL BE INCLUDED....I bought the warranty and scheduled appointment. Since then:

Order Number: 000817541373009 Service Date: June 11, 2018: diagnostic visit determined board was bad, Tech ordered BRAND NEW BOARD, it arrived and it was installed. THIS REPAIR DID NOT FIX COOLING PROBLEM.

About 5 days after repair, fridge starts making unGodly noises....I call SEARS AGAIN:

Order Number: 000817541403803 Service Date: July 31, 2018: determined that fan evaporator motors and mount must be replace. Took about 3 weeks to get the parts, another 10 days for tech to arrive.

THE TECH DID NOT EVEN GET OUT OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD AND THE FRIDGE STARTED MAKING UNGODLY NOISES AGAIN. I CALLED THE TECH...HE WAS STILL IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD. NOTHING HE COULD DO TO RETURN.....

Called in another repair ticket.

Order Number: 000817541416517 Service Date: August 17, 2018. i was told by SEARS that this visit was to make replace or repair assessment. Tech arrived, very inexperienced, asking me how to take the freezer apart to access evaporator motors...REALLY!?? In house tech called super tech on the phone....he poked and prodded, and the determination was made that:

THE SAME PART THAT WERE REPLACED IN JUNE SHOULD BE REPLACED AGAIN....and the fridge evaporator motor should be replace

SINCE THE AUGUST 17 VISIT: FREEZER IS NOW NOT KEEPING TEMP, ICE MAKER IS NOT WORKING AND FRIDGE IS IN ERROR CODE.

PARTS ARRIVING TOMORROW NIGHT, TECH DOESNT GET HER TIL AUGUST 30

August 30th, tech arrives and replaces PCB (AGAIN), notice replacement fan arrived damaged but he could make it work. Installed the parts, fridge got louder. Determination was made by tech that cooling tower needed to be replaced...OPPS, he couldn't order it because parts expense cap would be over run and I WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR THE PARTS...like I kept mis diagnosing the fix...so he said call in for another appointment and ref service order 41416517 to have the cooling tower assembly replaced.

So I call in the next service order, Sept 12 is now my date...i get lucky and get it rescheduled the yesterday Aug 31. all of sudden Sears decides to give me a 500.00 dollar credit and wipe my repair record clean.

amount of Emails:

FromSubjectReceivedSizeCategories

no_reply@searshomeservices.com[External] Sears - Product Replacement InformationFri 6:13 PM31 KB

Sears Home Services[External] Your Rescheduled Sears Appointment ConfirmationFri 12:15 PM37 KB

Shop Your Way[External] Your shopyourway.com password reset request. Next steps inside.Thu 5:44 PM31 KB

Sears Home Services[External] Your Sears Appointment ConfirmationThu 5:39 PM37 KB

Sears Home Services[External] Your repair appointment is todayThu 6:24 AM32 KB

Sears Home Services[External] Tomorrow's Sears Appointment ConfirmationWed 7:33 PM38 KB

Sears Home Services[External] Your Rescheduled Sears Appointment ConfirmationTue 8/2137 KB

Sears Home Services[External] Your Rescheduled Sears Appointment Confirmation8/17/201837 KB

Sears Home Services[External] Your Sears Appointment Confirmation7/31/201837 KB

Sears Home Services[External] Your Rescheduled Sears Appointment Confirmation7/20/201837 KB

no_reply@searshomeservices.com[External] Repair Follow-Up Required7/20/201828 KB

Sears Home Services[External] We came. We saw. We wanna know more. Tell us about your repair experience.7/16/201826 KB

Sears Home Services[External] Your Sears technician is on the way7/16/201831 KB

Sears Home Services[External] Tomorrow's Sears Appointment Confirmation7/15/201838 KB

Sears Home Services[External] Your Rescheduled Sears Appointment Confirmation7/11/201837 KB

Sears Home Warranty[External] Good news! Your home warranty plan is now active.6/13/201829 KB

Wow...i would have been way better off to go with the service call.

GETS BETTER, CUSTOMER SUPPORT EXPERIENCES:

I HAVE SPENT THE BETTER PART OF THREE DAYS ON THE PHONE GETTING TRANSFERRED FROM DEPT TO DEPT WITH NO RESOLUTION. THE CUSTOMER CARE DEPT HUNG THE PHONE UP ON ME.

I TRIED TO CANCEL MY HOME WARRANTY DUE TO NON COMPLIANCE BY SEARS IN TIMELY MANNER. I WAS INFORMED THAT IF I CANCEL MY WARRANTY, I HAVE TO PAY FOR PREVIOUS REPAIRS THAT DID NOT FIX THE FRIDGE.

BOTTOM LINE:

MY FRIDGE HAS BEEN BROKE SINCE THE SECOND WEEK IN MAY. IT IS NOW AUGUST 21 AND MY FRIDGE HAS BEEN INOPERATIVE. SEARS HAS A DUE DILIGENCE TO REPAIR IN A TIMELY MANNER..THIS IS NOT TIMELY...THEY WILL NOT REPLACE OR REFUND.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Home Services Refrigerator Repair.

Reason of review: terrible customer service, warranty mis represented. did not deliver as promised. SWINDLED!.

Preferred solution: REPLACE FRIDGE.

I didn't like: Stock answers, Anything about them.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 01.

Comments

I am NOT gonna buy this warranty now, almost did

That complaint is far too long to read in its entirety. KISS (keep it simple stupid) .

These situations cannot be handled via telephone, e-mail or text message. You must furnish a formal letter of complaint and serve it via Certified Mail return receipt requested. You then establish an unassailable timeline and record of effort.

Keep it to a one sided sheet, be thorough, factual, and polite (the word "disappointed" is AOK) and clearly state the desired remedy and that you will allow 7 business days for reply before escalating your complaint. Retain copies of all correspondence and postal receipts.