Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I had the Sears Home Warranty for a full 12 months and the entire time I dealt with individuals who lied to me, lied to Sears and company policies that allow their employees to do it. There is no accountability for this company or their employees.

Initially, I had Sears comes out to fix my refrigerator freezer door alignment. The tech checked the type of water filter cartridge and broke the dispenser. He then shut the water off to my fridge saying that I now needed to have a new water supply purchased and installed. This was my first dealings with Sears Home Warranty.

I was naive and the tech convinced me that it was somehow broken. This cost me over $300.00 to repair. A week or so later a new tech comes out to replace the water supply line and he forgot to bleed the line before he left so the ice maker didn't start working. I called back and another tech came out to bleed the line and got the ice maker working.

Within approximately 1 month the ice maker stopped working. I scheduled an appointment to have it checked out again. The day of the appointment the tech called me and told me that I should wait until after 90 days so my warranty would kick in and the ice maker would be covered. I come to find out the work that they completed on the ice maker was covered for 90 days and he was trying to have that warranty expire only to have it appear as a new issue and I would have to pay the $100.00 service charge for them to come out.

This is where my first complaint came in. A supervisor finally called me back and apologized and sent a different guy out to my home where they just replaced the ice maker entirely. Keep in mind, this refrigerator is only a couple years old and never had a problem with the ice maker before the first visit. The supervisor was going to look into refunding a portion of the ice maker/ water supply line and water filter costs, but never called me back.

Next issue was my secondary condensation line was dripping on my HVAC. I called Sears and they sent out a HVAC contractor to inspect. The guy walked into my home, I told him the secondary line was leaking when the AC was running and he immediately told me it was not covered. I asked that before he tell me something is not covered that he inspect it.

He then told me that he was gonna go ahead and leave and let Sears know to send someone else out. I told him I didn't understand and was there a reason why he wouldn't go in the attic to inspect the cause. He didn't answer and said that he was just gonna leave. I called Sears then and they advised that the contractor reported that he found it was a clogged primary line causing the secondary line to leak and the item was not covered.

I told them that was a downright lie. He literally took 2 steps inside my home and told me that the item wasn't covered. There was NO inspection. I told Sears that there is a color to the water that appears to possibly be rust coming out of the line and that doesn't indicate to me that the primary would just be clogged.

They gave me a couple other HVAC contractors to call to try and schedule. Not one of them had good reviews in Yelp and not one of them actually called me back. I told Sears about this 2 times and they told me that they were just going to close the issue. I requested to speak to a supervisor.

I advised that the issue is not closed and no one has ever even inspected it let alone do anything to fix it. I was advised a supervisor would call me back and I never received a call back. Because I have yet to receive good service or an actual warranty for I paid for I decided to cancel my plan as soon as the year contract requirement was up. I called in on 2/26/18 to cancel the plan and unfortunately Sears charged my card that day for the monthly membership.

I cancelled the plan and received a confirmation #. I was advised that the $69.99 charge would be refunded to me within 3-5 business days. 5 business days from 2/26/18 would have been 3/5/18. I checked my account daily and today, 3/6/18 I called again to follow-up.

I was advised that my request to cancel and confirmation # are on my account, but the cancellation actually did not get processed. It would now get processed and my $69.99 charge will take another 3-5 business days to be refunded to me. I told the representative this is unacceptable and I wanted to speak to a supervisor. She advised that a supervisor would need to call me back and it would be 48-72 BUSINESS hours before I could expect to receive the call.

I advised that I would be checking back in if I do not hear back from a supervisor within 3 business days. She said that it is not 3 business days and that it is 72 business hours. She told me that they only count 8 hours per day Monday-Friday. I questioned, you are telling me that it could be up to 9 business days before a supervisor will call me back?

She confirmed that is correct. I let her know at that is ridiculous and told her that I am questioning the business practices of Sears Home Warranty to make their customers wait 9 business days. This does not seem accurate. She said that it was and that was all she could do.

I am an incredibly unhappy customer and Sears did nothing for me, but cause me frustration and take my money.

Their employees and practices are shady and unethical. I will never do business with this company again.

Review about: Sears Home Services Refrigerator Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Terrible contractors and employees are liars.

Comments