1.5
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

This is a copy of my letter to Sears: I purchased my Samsung refrigerator from Sears and had no complaints until almost 3 years later it died.I called Sears to see what warranty I had from them and they told me that I only had a 1 year warranty.

The lady that I spoke to told me that I could purchase a warranty contract for $39.99 that would cover the repair but there would be a $60 deductible. I was not aware that the $39.99 would continue for 12 months. In September 2016, I signed up after taking with the lady and a repair person came out to look at my refrigerator. He tested the refrigerator and then called his supervisor after the refrigerator stared up and then stopped a couple of time when he reset it.

He told me that I needed a new controller board and he would have to come back in a week. After the repair person left I plugged in the refrigerator to see what would happen and it started running and never stopped. When he came back in about a week, I told him that the refrigerator was working and he checked it out and said that there was nothing to do and it was OK. In June 2017 when I left for a trip to Peru, I came home and the refrigerator was dead again, but this time it was HOT inside and moldy.

I called Sears again and they told me that there would be another deductible because it was over 6 months since the last repair was done even though they did not do anything except come out and reset the refrigerator a couple of times. It was the control board again which he replaced. I looked at my credit card statement and noticed that I was being charged the $39.99 every month and called Sears. They lady told me that if I wanted to cancel the warranty contract that I would have to pay $369 for the first repairs plus I would lose the $39.99 that I already paid in plus I would have to pay a termination fee.

What a rip off. I told her that they did a bait and switch and that I was going to report them. WHY should I have to pay a cancellation fee PLUS the repair cost. She later corrected herself after I kept complaining to her and told me that I already paid the contract in full and that I would be cover until September and I would not have to pay for the repair and my contract would me terminated.

In Summary, I paid $480 for the warranty PLUS $120 in deductible service charges that the service company got so $600. I could have bought another refrigerator. I should only have to pay the $369 which is HIGH to begin with versus going to a local repair shop. NEVER BUY A Sears Home Warranty plan because you will never get any benefit and Sear will get rich from you.

Please review my case and also I have been posting my complaints on the internet because the person that I spoke to was so rude and I have been discovering many other complaints.I should NOT have been charged this much money for an item that was NOT fixed the first time and I should have been compensated for the loss of the contents in my refrigerator because if the work was done correctly the first time then I would not have lost all of the contents in my refrigerator.

Review about: Sears Home Services Refrigerator Warranty.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

I have been warning about the scam for months. Call the bbb and the news media. Rochester NY

to Anonymous #1379314