1.9
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Update by user Oct 28, 2016

After posting this review i went to the Sears website and used the chat feature.Was told the earliest date available for reschedule was 11/3 (one week after being stood up).

Argued my case and got nowhere as usual. This morning I went to the website and said that I did NOT have a warranty and was able to book same day (10/28) between 8 and 12. So the online booking feature seems to be ok as long as Sears doesn't already have your money. However, if you bought a warranty you cannot book online because you have "free technical support" and will be directed to the toll free number.

You must call and then get the crappy appointment times and are at the bottom of the priority list. Really unethical.

Suggestion to warranty customers: Go online and see booking times without warranty before you call for the "free technical support".

Then when they tell you you have to wait 1 to 3 weeks for an appointment you have some ammunition.This might be worth complaining to the FTC.

Original review posted by user Oct 27, 2016

I have bought twenty washer/dryer units from Sears over the past 13 year for my business and 2 washer/dryers for my home.I purchased because of the convenience location of the outlet store and I like knowing my worst case financial scenario so I buy the 5 year warranties.

The problem is that Sears has long wait times for service calls and they miss many appointments. When they give you a four hour window and then no-show they might call or they might not. When they do there is no accountability - they simply put you at the back of the line and start over. The customer service reps are scripted and the whole process is terribly broken.

Today Sears missed an appointment for a washer/dryer I purchased just 5 months ago. They rescheduled twice and didn't show up today. I even called thirty minutes past the 4 hour window and was promised a phone call that never happened. I paid several hundred dollars for a completely worthless warranty on a crappy product from a company that has demonstrated repeatedly they don't care about their customers.

There should be a class action lawsuit that puts these idiots out of business.Let them go work for the post office where their attitude towards customers would fit right in.

Tmccown wrote the review because of warranty issue at Sears Home Services. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Sears Home Services to offer any options to resolve the issue.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Sears Home Services and sears home services customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments