1.1
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I have a sears Master Protection plan on all of my appliances.

The refrigerator door fell off breaking the shelves inside by pulling them out of refrigerator wall. I am holding door on by putting a heavy cabinet up against my fridge.

I contacted Sears for repair on 6/30/16 it was 6 days before someone could come out 7/5/16.

Serviceman said, old fridge probably couldn't get parts.

He called in to sears to request someone see if they could locate parts.

He also requested parts for freezer as ice cube maker leaking water and bins in freezer had broken tines.

Serviceman said, usually take 3 days to get answers for parts then he would have to be rescheduled to come back out for repairs.

Waited 3 days called in 7/7/16 to escalation department, higher, than customer service people and was told Sears had 10 days not 3 to research and then it could take another 10 to get parts and then they would schedule serviceman back out. That was IF they could locate the older parts. That's 26 days with no answer to fixing my problem. I told escalation rep now my freezer was no longer working because the broken door wasn't flush, defrosted water all over my floor and I had already lost meats and veggies. She contacted her supervisor and explained the problem he told her nothing he could do and I had to wait the time out.

I Pay for Master Protection Plan not just a service plan. IF Sears can't fix they are supposed to give me credit to purchase another fridge. Plan doesn't state my family has to go 30 days+ without a refrigerator they just take my money up front!!

I want a replacement per my plan immediately it will take at least 7 days to get another fridge in and hooked up.

I have already filed with the BBB and will also file with other agencies so that Sears Protection Plan customers know the run around they can expect after turning over their money. You have to call different departments and each one says something different.

This reviewer shared experience about warranty issue and wants this business to "i want a credit for a replacement kitchenaid refrigerator immediately as per my master protection plan" as the author lost $1000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Sears Home Services. The most disappointing about sears home services master protection plan from Sears Home Services was calling customer service is a waste of time, customer service was horrendous and lack of product support Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sears Home Services.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Household Services category for more informed decision or compare Sears Home Services to other companies on our site.

Comments

Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1182370

Now you realize you wasted money on a "protection" plan that is, basically worthless---as are most of these things. Best to buy a basic appliance and when it breaks and you cannot personally fix it just throw out and buy a new one. Stop paying for protection plans on anything!!!