1.3

I purchased Sear Home Warranty in August, 2016. It got automatically renewed in August 2017.

In September, 2017, I filed a claim on my refrigerator problem. They had multiple contract technicians and tried multiple time to fix the problem, but the problem did not get fixed. A couple of days ago, I was told because the parts and fix options are no longer available and they will give me $1,000 credit to replace with a new one instead of fixing it. I remember I spent a couple of thousand dollars when I bought it.

So, I checked with the stores and found to replace equivalent/similar one will cost about $8,000. I contacted Sear Home Warranty and told them $1,000 is not even close to the replacement value of my refrigerator. When I purchased the warranty, I was told if there is any problem, they will either fix it or replace the appliance with a new and equivalent/similar one. Now, they are telling me $1,000 is the maximum limit you can offer me.

What a surprise! I am looking for help to get it resolved.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

h.kitchener

Now you realize just how valuable those warranties really are. Best to save your money and not fall for these scams.