Thomas S Mku

Verified Reviewer

Can’t get to a real person

changing appt at last minute,cant communicate with a real person,only can communicate with AI.dont give opinions that are needed to resolve problems

Preferred solution: To talk to a real person in coustomer service

User's recommendation: Don’t use

Class action lawsuit sears service home warranty

Please continue to post your complaints online. I am currently working to start a class action suit against sears on your behalf.

I am a ex service tech that has spoken with a lawyer Interested in pursuing this. There have been many complaints about the home warranty and master protection agreement. I have a list of complaints that include not covering items, bait and switch, long wait time, bad customer service, being overcharged, not covering replacements and other issues. The master protection agreement is sold by sears, the sears home warranty is owned by cross country.

I will be collecting as much information as possible and keep everybody informed. Rochester ny

Reason of review:
Other issue
Guest

we have been on the merry go round sinc november with no resolution to the replacement of our dryer

Jacorian Znj

They didn’t have anyone to complete the work so I had to hire someone and then kept stalling on paying claim. I finally gave up tried to cancel they kept telling me someone would call me back, never did.

Never paid claim.

I gave up stopped payment on warranty. Then they sent me a collection letter and said I was in breach of contract.

Guest

It’s time to change the bankruptcy laws! And of course no attorneys will help with that either!

Sears just keeps stealing money & no one will stop them!!! scootersjewel @***.com

Guest

Worst! They came, did the minimal, left.

They did not realize ahead of time that two of our appliances are gas. Another service person was to come out specifially to do that but did not let us know ahead of time when they were coming -- Got a call 2 hours before he said he'd be there and we were out of town so had to cancel.

No further word or way to contact to reschedule. Waste of money!!

Guest

Charged for building permits that were never obtained.

Jack K Zqn

Signed up online for a technician to check out my water heater. Before signing up for an appointment, the site specifically stated that the evaluation to determine the cause of the problem was free.

I would be charged a diagnostic fee of $99 which would be waived if I agreed to have the work done by the technician. Turns out the only problem was is that the pilot light went out. The technician re-lit the pilot light and then told me he was going to charge me $100. When he gave me a total, it was for $100 plus $99 with no explanation of each amount.

Just handwritten figures totaling $199. I questioned the $99 figure and he said that was the diagnostic fee. I told him I was told the fee would be waived if I had the work done. He told me that the diagnostic fee was ALWAYS included in the total amount due.

After questioning Sears about this, they sent me a phonied up service bill with my signature attached that I agreed to the bill off $199 which was after they waived the $99 fee. TOTAL FRAUD.

Kathleen C Oez

I am a victim and tired of the lies I've been told by Sears home warranty, Cinch! Today was the straw that broke the camels back!

I can write about more later, I just found this site but am now exhausted in being talked down to by a Sears Home Warranty, so called, supervisor!

I definately want in the class action suit! I was going to contact a lawyer and find out how to start one, or just sue them for all my money I was just literally giving them, but then found this site.

Becky D Cco

This is great to hear.

Garrison Zgr

I'm in the same boat. In 2018 I lost one for the same reason so not knowing there was an issue I bought another rather than repairing based on cost.

Well the one I bought in 2018 just went for the same reason and they are saying the compressor was only covered for 1 year rather than the 5 or 10 I had been told by the service desk. I'm just at a loss.

In the middle of the IDA issues I have no furnace or water heater so my patience is gone. How do I sign up.

Dionte Daa

Hi! Looks like I was screwed also!

Bought a new refrigerator July 2019 stopped working a week ago. I also purchased a maintenance agreement same time for 3 years for $499 starting calling last week right away as I had a full fridge full of food, medication and two kids and pets. Not to mention it’s 90 degrees out. Starting calling the numbers on the booklet and receipt and of course promised to come right away and they made me wait 5 days and no one showed!!

They give you the run around with phone numbers and appointments even text me the appointment with an order number which is useless. They say there’s a link and nothing! This is terrible! Someone needs to get to the bottom of this scam.

I had another service person come out and said he’s hearing this same scenario a lot! My compressor is bad I’m out close to $3000 I have to buy a new refrigerator for $2100 and lost all that food. Paying for lunches for my son at camp etc this is terrible!!

Is there something we can do!! Stephanie kleenkuts1@***.net someone please help!!

View more comments (432)
Linda G Gmd

Verified Buyer

Refund Requested - Unable to reach live person on phone line

Sears Home Services - Refund Requested - Unable to reach live person on phone line
Updated by user Sep 24, 2023

Have not heard anything at all. I am disputing the charge on my credit card. Will never use Sears Home Services again.

Original review Sep 17, 2023
Hello, on September 6 one of your technicans came to fix my washing machine. He worked on the machine for about an hour then told my husband it had been fixed, charging us $249.31 then leaving.

We IMMEDIATELY tried to use the washer and it was NOT working. I called the technician directly and asked him to come back- he told me "I don't make the schedule". I then called Sears and was told I couldn't schedule another appointment until September 14 - more than a week later. I told them this was unacceptable, as I had a house full of people and couldn't wait a week.

I ended up having to get another company to replace the washer, which in fact was beyond repair.
It's September 17th and I have had no success in getting resolution to this matter with Sears- not for lack of trying. I have called at least 10 different times, and spent literally hours on hold (my cell phone history can support this). Sears has an IVR call system and it is extraordinarily difficult to reach a live person to assist with anything. The call tree continually says "you must select an option" rather than giving an option to speak to a person.

On a couple of occasions I WAS able to get through to a real person - only to be told that the payment hadn't posted yet and I should call back to get a refund. I have tried and tried to call back and can't seem to reach a live person again.
I work full time and can't fuss with a call tree for hours on end.

I had been willing to pay a reduced amount, but given my level of frustration and the amount of time I've spent trying to reach someone, I'd like the FULL AMOUNT of $249.31 returned to me. I have used Sears Home Services many times in the past but unless this is resolved, I will NO LONGER user your services and I will not recommend them to anyone.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Extremely difficult to reach customer service to resolve an issue

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Beware should anything go wrong support is nonexistent

Nancy H Grm

Tech never show up

Sears Home Services - Tech never show up
Sears Home Services - Tech never show up - Image 2
Updated by user Oct 03, 2023

Appointment was canceled. Another service company was called.

Original review Sep 26, 2023
Waited all day while receiving multiple texts confirming the appt. Unable to reach a human @ customer service.
Cons:
  • Suck

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don’t bother!

map-marker Aguilar, Colorado

My refrigerator

Sears Home Services - My refrigerator
Sears Home Services - My refrigerator - Image 2
Sears Home Services - My refrigerator - Image 3
It sucks, We paid for an extra three year warranty. We do not get to talk to human being. The inside of our three thousand dollar refrigerator is cracking and breaking after only one and a half years. My husband and I are over the age of 65. We have no grandchildren, we have no children. But they refuse to give me a talking customer to tell them what's wrong. And they want my debit card number so they can charge me.

User's recommendation: Anyone but Sears.

Verified Buyer
| map-marker Atlanta, Georgia

Unreliable products

Sears Home Services - Unreliable products
One year old fridge not working. Cant speak to a person. They canceled appointments the day of by text after confirming it in the morning.

User's recommendation: Run! Stay as far away from sears appliances as possible. We’ve owned Sears appliances our entire lives. The old ones were reliable, but these new appliances are junk and their company has gone downhill since its bankruptcy. They have a very good PR campaign that tells you they are doing wonderful. But that just is not the fact. Don’t take my word for it, Google to see what their ratings are.

Danny C Oqe

| map-marker Miami, Florida

Pending repair order order follow up and none contact support

The lack of support and automated customer service which no one knows where its coming from is horrible. I've had a service call pending for 2 weeks and for some reason they are asking for a card number even after the warranty is already paid. The service guy called me to cancel the follow up visit because parts were not iNEVERn but won't pick up his phone after I tried calling back several times to tell him him the parts arrived.
Mike M Lsd

Sears Home Warranty runaround

Updated by user Sep 27, 2023

I would say "no", but I have a warranty through Sears

Original review Sep 26, 2023
I spent over two hours trying to schedule an appointment for an appliance repair. (AN existing appointment was canceled). The phone numbers just go in circles. And the request for my password wasn't received by my email (it probably wasn't sent)
Pros:
  • Fair service
Cons:
  • Expensive
  • Cannot reach a person

Preferred solution: A phone number to talk to a real person

User's recommendation: DOn't get a Sears Home Warranty - get a different warranty for major appliances.

Robin D Ubq

| map-marker Santa Monica, California

My gift card has negative balance

Gift card shoul have balance of 265.00 it has negative balance they suuuuck!!!suuuuck suuuck suuuuuck suuuuck!!!
Loss:
Pros:
  • No pros
Cons:
  • Do not have a customer service you can talk to

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don’t shop wit Sears or any of there expiating company’s they suck!!!!!

Dawn Txu

Horrible master warranty! Terrible product!

Original review Oct 04, 2023
After months of trying to get my dishwasher repaired, multiple service calls, multiple new parts installed, my dishwasher still doesnt work!!! My last three scheduled repair appointments, no one shows up! I will never buy another Sears product! If I didnt show up for my job, Id be fired. Shame on Sears! Tonight I will go to Lowes, and buy a new one. Your customer service, your warranty, and your no show repair men are horrible. Buyer beware!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Everything your service stinks

Preferred solution: Nothing! I’m glad to stop wasting my time with such bad products!!

User's recommendation: Go elsewhere!

Debbie Kcc

| map-marker Orangevale, California

Refrigerator

Technician never showed up or called yesterday and today they were supposed to arrive at 8:30 and have not arrived or called (12:00) Appointment window now says 8 to 5!!! And still no call. I have been a customer for 30 years and am extremely disappointed with service. Website is horrible and will not put you through to a live individual

User's recommendation: Don’t bother with Sears. No longer a good company

Altonio M

Didn't repair my mower

Did not honor my protection agreement and never had a technician available for my area. Give you the run around. When you call customer service you caught *** getting rep.

Preferred solution: My mower repair

Roberta T Qej

| map-marker Forest Park, Georgia

Work was insufficient due to to air coming out of two vents

I had work done to my hvac system. August 17,2023. There are two room not getting sufficient air through the vents Service Order number sccr73791dd1-1
Lisa F Eji

Had an appointment yesterday. Waited all day and never got a call and no one showed up!!!!!!

Now I guess I will have to reschedule at no fault of my own and wait another whole day and hope someone shows up!!! Its not right that you cant talk to a live person and give your complaint or just to find out information. For the repair person to not even have the courtesy to call is ridiculous!!!
Cons:
  • Not being able to talk to a real person

Preferred solution: An apology, a discount and when they do finally show up I want an early appointment. I don’t want to have to lose a whole day waiting around.

Resolved
Stephanie M Ezy

Resolved: Sears appliance repair and warranty is a total disaster.

Updated by user Oct 17, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. I kept calling the so-called "warranty" number and spent a morning waiting to get through to a human being. I ended up speaking with four different people, after long waits and getting cut off several times, and got two who agreed to the refund and then two more who verified the refund.

Original review Oct 02, 2023
Your phone systems are impossible, your website and chatbot are worthless. The tech never called and my washer wasn't serviced and I finally was able to cancel but it took an hour on the phone to find human beings.
Cons:
  • Phone numbers are impossible and chatbot online is worthless

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Never use Sears appliance repairs

Raymond K Amm

Verified Reviewer

Continued failure to make confirmed appointments

I spoke with a technician and his supervisor on Sep 8 to settle on a date to repair my oven. The supervisor said that they could pencil me in on Sep 13.

He failed to come or call. A confirmed appointment was then made for the 18th but Sears texted that morning and canceled. Another confirmed appointment was made for the 19th. No one came or called.

I had even hired a house sitter the day so that I could attend a friend's funeral and have someone home to meet the repairman. I had a call apologizing for the missed appointments on the 20th and was given the 21st between 8 -5. I got a call at 3pm canceling the appointment and was given another appointment for 26th. I have no reason to believe that this date will be met.

We paid $1,048.66 on the 8th and this fiasco has drug on for too long. When I try to contact customer service for help I only get a computerized response.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article