Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Sears kenmore elite refrigerator and their crappy extended warrenty .

This is an almost three year old unit. I had some trouble with the ice maker freezing up and making a large clicking sound . Thought it may be something odd the first few times then it started working so I figured it was a fluke. This weekend I noticed it totally stopped working so I bought ice and thought I would call after the holiday weekend .

I call , they tell me they won't do anything until I put in a new filter to the tune of $50 and wait 24hours. After replacing the filter and no ice , I go to get something from the freezer and the ice cream is soup and all the food had to be trashed . The freezer isn't working . I call, they tell me to put my freezer to -4 and wait 4-6 hours . Nothing. I call back ... They finally agree to send someone out but low and behold there is no one available in our area and we have to wait 1-2 days to be approved for a service call. Now the top half is not maintaining temps and I have no idea when someone can come out . I have spent 2 days on the phone .

We just went and bought another fridge-- not from Sears and I will never give them one cent of our money nor will I step foot in their store . I called to tell them to refund me the money left on my warrenty and they keep telling me to hold on to the fridge .... Where would I put that monster ? They wont even refund my money for lost food unless a tech comes out ... But they keep telling me to wait . How long do I wait when I have kids to feed and food rotting!

The people were so so rude except for the last lady who sounded embarrassed to be working for the crooks .

They sure did take my money for the warrenty but they sure didn't tell me it would be unlikely they will honor it .

SHAME ON YOU SEARS!

This reviewer shared experience and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Sears Home Services and uploaded a picture. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sears Home Services.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Household Services category for more informed decision or compare Sears Home Services to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Sears Home Services?

Comments