I scheduled air ducts cleaning and carpet cleaning with Sears Home Services. On March 9, 2018, the services were performed.

When the air duct cleaning @114.95 was completed, a recommendation by the serviceman to install a UV light for mold and microbial growth in the home. I agreed. The pricing for the UV, as coil cleaning @$485.00 plus a UV light lifetime warranty @$600. The total price of $1200 (receipt #316112) was approved by Sears credit card.

Later after speaking with a family member, they could not believe the ridiculous price for the service. I went online to check the price of a UV light at Sears and the same UV light was $116.64. There was no such pricing for a lifetime warranty for $600. I tried on several (3) occasions to reach Sears Home Service, Laura, @ 703-940-1872 left msgs to inquire about the pricing and the paperwork for the lifetime warranty, with no response.

I never received a copy of the warranty or the return visit by the serviceman to check the service on the UV light. To add insult, I went online to complete the survey and complain only to discover "the survey has already been completed." I did not/ not complete the survey.

I will begin to file a complaint with the BBB of Maryland and any other agency that will accept this complaint. I believe this was a fraudulent transaction and I was taken advantage of because of my excellent credit with Sears.

I will definitely not use this service again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Home Services Air Duct Cleaning Service.

Reason of review: pleasant servicemen.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 22.

Comments