Update by user Jul 18

I continue to get the run around. I am told to call a number. The person at that number says they can't help me and connects me to my Home Warranty, which continues to disconnect.

Original review posted by user Jul 17

Where to begin? The first issue was with our refrigerator.

We placed a claim, and Sears was on it quickly. The technician was great and fixed the problem. Two months later, same problem. Technician came out, fixed it again, and charged another $100 deductible.

Another two months (a little less because it was still within the 6 month window) and the same problem again. They fixed it with no deductible. When I placed the 3rd service call, the girl told me they shouldn't have charged me the last time because it was a recall. No refund still, but at least the technician and customer service representative were excellent!

Fast forward 2 more months.

This time it is the AC. Technician came out and said there is nothing wrong with my unit. It was just too small for the house. It is a 4 year old unit that has worked perfectly every summer except this one.

I got a second opinion from a local company I trusted. Their technician diagnosed the problem as the fan motor within minutes. I called Sears Home Warranty back and placed a recall claim, telling them what the other company's guy said. Sadly, customer service was a nightmare.

The phone kept disconnecting and all the representatives spoke with such a thick accent, it was difficult to understand them. They were, however, able to place my claim. A week later, they send the same technician as before who again said there is nothing wrong with my unit. It is just worn out and needs replacing (at my expense).

He said he couldn't replace the fan motor because there was nothing wrong with it and that he was supposed to collect another $100 deductible from me, but he wasn't going to. Instead, he just canceled the job in the system and the home warranty company sent me a message to reschedule the claim. So now I am going to have to pay the other company to come fix it, or live without AC because "there is nothing wrong with my unit (according to the Sears technician)." My third option is to reschedule the job and risk them sending the same guy, or another one just as inept. I am incredibly angry and feel deceived.

Update: The trusted company came out and within 10 minutes fixed the problem and my house is cooling.

Turns out it was also low on refrigerant, which Sears never noticed. The total repair cost $369 plus the $100 diagnostic fee.

Review about: Sears Home Services Air Conditioner Repair.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Entire experience was a disaster.

Comments