3.0
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

My telephone number 9146304492 so SEARS knows who I am.

I have a service contract with SEARS for 7 years for my gas water heater, I had a problem, a leak on the water heater, and following the service person I was entitled to a replacement of the equipment, we could buy it, and they will pay and install, so far GREAT.

They told me I had to bring the WH down to the basement, as the installers would not do it, fine, we did it ourselves.

The installer arrived, mentioned that there was a kind of electrical part installed on the old WH, was not needed anymore, he took it off and left in the area, finish the installation and said there was a problem with the smoke and gas, and he couldn't leave it on, told me I should contact a gas installer to take care of the problem.

needless to say, this was a mislead from SEARS, who didn't forecast that the WH would need extra work, which was never told us.

So, we spent hours on the phone, the installer reported that was everything ok, how is it possible if the water heater is not ON!!

SEARS, could not give an answer, provide service, and we called already 5 different numbers, needless to say, you stay for each call at least 15 minutes waiting to be listened, and you have to repeat everything, is it annoying? yes, a lot.

At the end I don't have hot water and I had to go to a motel to take a shower.

SEARS - you damaged your reputation by sending a very arrogant contractor, and someone who didn't understand from the beginning what he was doing, otherwise he would have not started the work.

I am in MAMARONECK, 10543 NY

so, you decide.

Review about: Sears Home Services Water Heater Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Bad communication between dispatch and tech, Way customer service for repairs handles things.

Comments