Rep comes out to give a estimate, says you need to have almost 200 sq ft of decking, MOST of the Fascia boards in the front & back need to be replaced& ALL of the soffits are to have vents in them, also replace 4 of the soffits in the front of the house "Yesterday!"(I took it as a matter that needed to be taken care of ASAP) before they install the new roof.Rep tell us "with Sears your paying for quality, you won't get a "Home Depot" day labor roof, you'll have the best work done by TRAINED professionals"....Rep also says the whole time SEARS REPUTATION is VERY VERY important to us...(Blah bah blah) We decide to go with Sears because you get a 50 years warranty Cat5 hurricane will not damage roof.....
Supposedly we were going to meet the Project Manager & Crew Supervisor the week that the roof was to be installed. I was also told that the Crew Supervisor would take pictures of the damaged roof (for my home owners insurance claim) well low & be hold....NEVER meet the project manager or the crew supervisor! I asked for pictures...I got a very nice picture of the nice blue sky....(NOTHING I could use to send to Insurance Company) None of the fascia boards in the front of the house were replaced, Vents were NOT installed in the front of the house, 3 of the soffits that were to be replaced were NOT replaced. Sears was also going to have a large magnet that the roofers were supposed to walk around with to pick up the nails when they were done....that did NOT happen.
I have 5 children 13-2, my son waked around the house & picked up 1/2 a bucket of nails. When I call the rep that came out to give us the estimate, all he could do was pass my messages along to the project manager. I have made numerous calls to the project manager..... NO ANSWER!
Its funny how when they come out to give a estimate so much work is going to be done & the charge you for this work to be done but when the time comes for them to deliver what they charge you for....oh, the wood wasn't that bad that is why it was not replaced.....
really even though there is a huge hole in the soffit where if you softly push on it, it crumbles.....but the wood isn't that bad.
What a HUGE DISAPPOINMENT!!!!!!!!!!I WILL NEVER USE SEARS AGAIN OR SHOP AT THEIR STORE OR ANY STORE THEY O
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Sears Home Services Roof Installation
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "Update Jan 12, 2016: Sean the salesman has yet to this day ever call me back (POS). On Jan 11th, I spoke with JT (customer service) and told her not..."
- "I purchased a Southern Motion sectional Fusion in 2010. After the first year it started peeling. To see it now it looks like I have had it twenty..."
- "Contact Empire and they had a sales rep out the next day (Saturday). He arrived on time, was polite, took measurements, selected the laminate floor, and received a price quote..."
- "This is the 3rd time second time I received such bad service at 2808 N. Sam Houston Parkway location in Houston, Texas.The first time, I ordered a chicken sandwich, they..."
- "United PetSafe almost killed my Greyhound on July 3, 2013 on our flights from San Diego to Boston. My dog and my cat were never allowed out of their crates,..."
- "Purse arrived damaged, quality is *** and not what was pictured. They will not refund my money. What can we do to get them to refund my money? ..."
- "The bottom line - Nest makes fantastic, state-of-the-art, reliable products. I own 2 of the thermostats and just installed 5 outdoor nest cams at $200 / cam. The problem is..."
- "I renewed plan from Verizon in July keeping the plan the same including what i was being charged. Offered "free upgrade" to 100/100 internet. Told the bill would be the..."
- "We went to arby with my two children and when i approach fountain michine to get soda i noticed a puddle of nasty water i said something and they..."