Sears Home Services - HUGE DISAPPOINMENT....We got "Home Depot Day Labor Roof" @ a Sears Price

Rep comes out to give a estimate, says you need to have almost 200 sq ft of decking, MOST of the Fascia boards in the front & back need to be replaced& ALL of the soffits are to have vents in them, also replace 4 of the soffits in the front of the house "Yesterday!"(I took it as a matter that needed to be taken care of ASAP) before they install the new roof.Rep tell us "with Sears your paying for quality, you won't get a "Home Depot" day labor roof, you'll have the best work done by TRAINED professionals"....Rep also says the whole time SEARS REPUTATION is VERY VERY important to us...(Blah bah blah) We decide to go with Sears because you get a 50 years warranty Cat5 hurricane will not damage roof.....

Supposedly we were going to meet the Project Manager & Crew Supervisor the week that the roof was to be installed. I was also told that the Crew Supervisor would take pictures of the damaged roof (for my home owners insurance claim) well low & be hold....NEVER meet the project manager or the crew supervisor! I asked for pictures...I got a very nice picture of the nice blue sky....(NOTHING I could use to send to Insurance Company) None of the fascia boards in the front of the house were replaced, Vents were NOT installed in the front of the house, 3 of the soffits that were to be replaced were NOT replaced. Sears was also going to have a large magnet that the roofers were supposed to walk around with to pick up the nails when they were done....that did NOT happen.

I have 5 children 13-2, my son waked around the house & picked up 1/2 a bucket of nails. When I call the rep that came out to give us the estimate, all he could do was pass my messages along to the project manager. I have made numerous calls to the project manager..... NO ANSWER!

Its funny how when they come out to give a estimate so much work is going to be done & the charge you for this work to be done but when the time comes for them to deliver what they charge you for....oh, the wood wasn't that bad that is why it was not replaced.....

really even though there is a huge hole in the soffit where if you softly push on it, it crumbles.....but the wood isn't that bad.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Sears Home Services. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Sears Home Services.
Filing a new complaint about