Sears Home Services - HUGE DISAPPOINMENT....We got "Home Depot Day Labor Roof" @ a Sears Price
Rep comes out to give a estimate, says you need to have almost 200 sq ft of decking, MOST of the Fascia boards in the front & back need to be replaced& ALL of the soffits are to have vents in them, also replace 4 of the soffits in the front of the house "Yesterday!"(I took it as a matter that needed to be taken care of ASAP) before they install the new roof.Rep tell us "with Sears your paying for quality, you won't get a "Home Depot" day labor roof, you'll have the best work done by TRAINED professionals"....Rep also says the whole time SEARS REPUTATION is VERY VERY important to us...(Blah bah blah) We decide to go with Sears because you get a 50 years warranty Cat5 hurricane will not damage roof.....
Supposedly we were going to meet the Project Manager & Crew Supervisor the week that the roof was to be installed. I was also told that the Crew Supervisor would take pictures of the damaged roof (for my home owners insurance claim) well low & be hold....NEVER meet the project manager or the crew supervisor! I asked for pictures...I got a very nice picture of the nice blue sky....(NOTHING I could use to send to Insurance Company) None of the fascia boards in the front of the house were replaced, Vents were NOT installed in the front of the house, 3 of the soffits that were to be replaced were NOT replaced. Sears was also going to have a large magnet that the roofers were supposed to walk around with to pick up the nails when they were done....that did NOT happen.
I have 5 children 13-2, my son waked around the house & picked up 1/2 a bucket of nails. When I call the rep that came out to give us the estimate, all he could do was pass my messages along to the project manager. I have made numerous calls to the project manager..... NO ANSWER!
Its funny how when they come out to give a estimate so much work is going to be done & the charge you for this work to be done but when the time comes for them to deliver what they charge you for....oh, the wood wasn't that bad that is why it was not replaced.....
really even though there is a huge hole in the soffit where if you softly push on it, it crumbles.....but the wood isn't that bad.
What a HUGE DISAPPOINMENT!!!!!!!!!!I WILL NEVER USE SEARS AGAIN OR SHOP AT THEIR STORE OR ANY STORE THEY O
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Sears Home Services Roof Installation
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "One of Sears repair trucks (license 57472B1) was parked blocking part of my driveway when I got home (Sacramento CA) on 3/14/2015 at approx. 4:30 PM. No driver was..."
- "Dear Tricam Industries and Tractor Supply, You are welcome to contact me to discuss the attached and below failure of your product.Model GW0865D-1 I will forward you all the pics..."
- "I hired Fakumoh Angbare to fix the air conditioner for my tenants out in Azusa, California. He came over and gave me the price and supposedly fixed it, however, my tenants..."
- "First of all, I really hated the mass scheduling of potential homeowners where you seated with a sales person who discusses your credit and financial information right out in the..."
- "This is the 3rd time second time I received such bad service at 2808 N. Sam Houston Parkway location in Houston, Texas.The first time, I ordered a chicken sandwich, they..."
- "I purchased a 2003 Corvette on July 18, 2012, and discovered a major engine oil leak within the first 36 hours. Met with General Manager Jerry Bussey who agreed to..."
- "We took our 2016 Jayco Travel Trailer to Camping World Albuquerque. Our furnace quit on us (Cold). They fixed the furnace stating that it was from the MFG not crimping..."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."
- "Big time violation. The management allowed a lady who is a close friend to move everything from her filthy apartment into my 80 year old aunts apartment after the ***..."