Sears Home Services - HUGE DISAPPOINMENT....We got "Home Depot Day Labor Roof" @ a Sears Price
Rep comes out to give a estimate, says you need to have almost 200 sq ft of decking, MOST of the Fascia boards in the front & back need to be replaced& ALL of the soffits are to have vents in them, also replace 4 of the soffits in the front of the house "Yesterday!"(I took it as a matter that needed to be taken care of ASAP) before they install the new roof.Rep tell us "with Sears your paying for quality, you won't get a "Home Depot" day labor roof, you'll have the best work done by TRAINED professionals"....Rep also says the whole time SEARS REPUTATION is VERY VERY important to us...(Blah bah blah) We decide to go with Sears because you get a 50 years warranty Cat5 hurricane will not damage roof.....
Supposedly we were going to meet the Project Manager & Crew Supervisor the week that the roof was to be installed. I was also told that the Crew Supervisor would take pictures of the damaged roof (for my home owners insurance claim) well low & be hold....NEVER meet the project manager or the crew supervisor! I asked for pictures...I got a very nice picture of the nice blue sky....(NOTHING I could use to send to Insurance Company) None of the fascia boards in the front of the house were replaced, Vents were NOT installed in the front of the house, 3 of the soffits that were to be replaced were NOT replaced. Sears was also going to have a large magnet that the roofers were supposed to walk around with to pick up the nails when they were done....that did NOT happen.
I have 5 children 13-2, my son waked around the house & picked up 1/2 a bucket of nails. When I call the rep that came out to give us the estimate, all he could do was pass my messages along to the project manager. I have made numerous calls to the project manager..... NO ANSWER!
Its funny how when they come out to give a estimate so much work is going to be done & the charge you for this work to be done but when the time comes for them to deliver what they charge you for....oh, the wood wasn't that bad that is why it was not replaced.....
really even though there is a huge hole in the soffit where if you softly push on it, it crumbles.....but the wood isn't that bad.
What a HUGE DISAPPOINMENT!!!!!!!!!!I WILL NEVER USE SEARS AGAIN OR SHOP AT THEIR STORE OR ANY STORE THEY O
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Sears Home Services Roof Installation
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "On August 31st, my sink was clogged and i contacted Plumbing Rescue after my efforts to undrain the sink failed. They came out the same day and had to..."
- "I had called for service on a laundry washer. The first repairman came out to do a diagnostic test and determined that it needed a new pump. He ordered the..."
- "Was scheduled for 12/18/15 between 1-5 (under extended warranty agreement) - spent the entire day waiting, no one from Sears ever called, even after repeated calls on my part -..."
- "I bought a Gengar crewneck for 72 dollars in october - 2016. They said there was about 1 month shipping time because they are a small company with many customers...."
- "My session at B-Precious photography had the quality like it was done on an old school phone camera. I thought I was getting a great deal since she was cheaper..."
- "Why did you guys screw up the photo gallery? It used to be so much nicer and user friendly. There was nothing wrong with it, but you messed it up...."
- "They sound nice when you first call but they have messed up on my order and sent me parts ( not the complete machine) but I do not own the..."
- "Untrustworty Review SystemSep 21, 2010wwwvrbocom20213 says:DislikesOtherPoor customer supportComments:This site has a bogus and worthless traveler review system. The systemhas no quality control measures to validate reviews. The reviews aresubjective and..."
- "I'm giving this gym two out of five stars only because it's a really nice gym. Very nice layout, lots of space, plenty of equipment and for the most part,..."