Resolved
2.7
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Apr 15

Sears refunded my money because their legal department determined I was not provided a signed copy of the cancellation agreement.

Original review posted by user Mar 16

We are getting bids to upgrade counter tops. I know better, but I signed a contract with Sears Home Improvement before I got my other bids.

Avoid Sears. They pitch their granite as superior because it is the highest grade. After signing, my other bids came in much lower. I googled granite pricing & quality.

Pricing is based on sourcing cost & color not quality of material. Lower priced/graded granite can be better quality & hardness than higher graded granite. I was duped - Sears granite is overpriced. Yesterday, 6 days after signing, I cancelled.

Today I received a letter from Sears Home Improvement District Manager David Rohde telling me "at their sole discretion" they are charging me $500 + 30% of materials ordered. No way they ordered materials - hadn't even measured. It sucks to pay them for nothing, but I'm still better off with a trustworthy contractor.

Avoid Sears Home Improvement. These guys are dishonest & greedy with tricky contracts.

Product or Service Mentioned: Countertop.

Reason of review: Cancellation Charge.

Sears Home Services Pros: Initial bid.

Sears Home Services Cons: Cancellation charge.

Comments