After 5 years of good service from Craftsman 17 Gallon air compressor (Model 919167260, Serial # 2716248281) it ran continuously and never reached the pressure to shut off. Upon quick examination I determined the motor was compressing the air but the line going to the tank was abnormally hot and leaking.
12/22/14 took compressor to Norman Oklahoma for repair. (Access Point 2311)
1/8/15 was told that it would take $148.31 to repair compressor. I authorized it.
1/15/15 was told again that it would take $148.31 to repair compressor. I authorized again.
1/19/15 was called and told it would take an additional $43.49 for a total of $191.80 to complete the repairs. I declined the repairs.
My complaint is three fold.
1. It is unconscionable to me that I was called 3 times over 4 weeks in order to get the estimate on the repair correct. I made the decision on the first two calls to fix it but the cost was boarder line. Today on line a new 20 gallon compressor is on sale for $239.99. If I had been told up front the total cost was going to be $191.80 I would have not authorized any repairs and just bought a new one.
I can anticipate the repairman’s defense. “I had to fix the drain valve and rod to determine the line to the tank was leaking.” That of course is not true. If the unit had been plugged in a casual observer could and did notice that problem #1 not the drain or rod it was the line going to the tank.
2. I live on a small farm and including cars, trailers, ATV’s and tractor I have 36 different tires to keep inflated. It is a hardship to not have a compressor the premises. It took way too long, 28 days to even get the estimate for repairs correct.
3. I have enclosed pictures of how the compressor was returned. As you can see the Plastic Housing around the motor was not put together nor was it properly attached to the tank. The line running to the tank was CUT. When I was trying to load the unit into my trailer the tires would not roll. The young man that helped me load it shook his head and said he couldn’t believe his company would return merchandise to a customer in that condition.
The worst part of my experience was sending back the compressor in pieces. The compressor is damaged by your company beyond repair. It was if the repairman was saying, “If you don’t let us fix it we will make sure no one else will be able to fix it either.”
I am a long time Craftsman customer and I will continue to buy tools from Craftsman. However, branding a compressor with the vaunted Craftsman name and providing the kind of service that I received from your company does damage to the brand.
More Review Details
What I liked
- Sales people were nice
What I disliked
- Poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Air Compressor
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "We had 8 windows replaced last week. The installation team came in, got the old windows out, the new ones in and were working on caulking them. I decided to..."
- "I worked for Leaffilter North of Michigan. As a ritual every morning the Operations Manager (Rick Mosby) and the installation Manager would sit down and try to figure out..."
- "I ordered $3072.77 worth of double hung windows with lattice on Jan 4,2014 from the DFW Window World (WW) Office. The windows were installed on March 19, 2014. After install..."
- "I went to quail springs mall with my mom to get her eyes checked and get some new glasses. We'll on the way to go look at frames I was..."
- "I ordered a simple Plantronics Explorer 50 from Newegg on December 22nd from one of their "marketplace sellers" and it has been nothing but a nightmare. It is now Jan..."
- "I watched several different videos of people that I actually knew using this product. I was excited that it might actually work the way they showed since these were..."
- "I have become the victim of rascism by Kayla Dormer who is emploed at Aerotek recruting which is a recruiting firm. I met Kayla for the recruitment process and ..."
- "I have took brand new merchandise to cash america in oak park and they ask for ID. they have a fake website they use to compare prices and the prices are always..."
- "SW128 Uneven Women’s Batwing Sleeve Destroyed Ripped Slouchy Sweater Pullover Hollow Out Loose Fit Jumper Tops Knitwear Smock SIZE INFORMATION: (Flat-measuring) Bust- 125cm; Shoulder(Dropped)- 64cm; Sleeve- 35cm; Shoulder to hem length(Front/Back)- 52cm/64cm (1inch=2.54cm,1-3cm..."