Sears Home Services - Grade (F) for repair service to air compressor.

410 of 970 Sears Home Services reviews

After 5 years of good service from Craftsman 17 Gallon air compressor (Model 919167260, Serial # 2716248281) it ran continuously and never reached the pressure to shut off. Upon quick examination I determined the motor was compressing the air but the line going to the tank was abnormally hot and leaking.

12/22/14 took compressor to Norman Oklahoma for repair. (Access Point 2311)

1/8/15 was told that it would take $148.31 to repair compressor. I authorized it.

1/15/15 was told again that it would take $148.31 to repair compressor. I authorized again.

1/19/15 was called and told it would take an additional $43.49 for a total of $191.80 to complete the repairs. I declined the repairs.

My complaint is three fold.

1. It is unconscionable to me that I was called 3 times over 4 weeks in order to get the estimate on the repair correct. I made the decision on the first two calls to fix it but the cost was boarder line. Today on line a new 20 gallon compressor is on sale for $239.99. If I had been told up front the total cost was going to be $191.80 I would have not authorized any repairs and just bought a new one.

I can anticipate the repairman’s defense. “I had to fix the drain valve and rod to determine the line to the tank was leaking.” That of course is not true. If the unit had been plugged in a casual observer could and did notice that problem #1 not the drain or rod it was the line going to the tank.

2. I live on a small farm and including cars, trailers, ATV’s and tractor I have 36 different tires to keep inflated. It is a hardship to not have a compressor the premises. It took way too long, 28 days to even get the estimate for repairs correct.

3. I have enclosed pictures of how the compressor was returned. As you can see the Plastic Housing around the motor was not put together nor was it properly attached to the tank. The line running to the tank was CUT. When I was trying to load the unit into my trailer the tires would not roll. The young man that helped me load it shook his head and said he couldn’t believe his company would return merchandise to a customer in that condition.

The worst part of my experience was sending back the compressor in pieces. The compressor is damaged by your company beyond repair. It was if the repairman was saying, “If you don’t let us fix it we will make sure no one else will be able to fix it either.”

I am a long time Craftsman customer and I will continue to buy tools from Craftsman. However, branding a compressor with the vaunted Craftsman name and providing the kind of service that I received from your company does damage to the brand.

Disappointed!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Poor customer service

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Air Compressor
Review category
Household Services
review #605798 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sears Home Services? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
410 of 970 Sears Home Services reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.