Sears Home Services - Grade (F) for repair service to air compressor.
After 5 years of good service from Craftsman 17 Gallon air compressor (Model 919167260, Serial # 2716248281) it ran continuously and never reached the pressure to shut off. Upon quick examination I determined the motor was compressing the air but the line going to the tank was abnormally hot and leaking.
12/22/14 took compressor to Norman Oklahoma for repair. (Access Point 2311)
1/8/15 was told that it would take $148.31 to repair compressor. I authorized it.
1/15/15 was told again that it would take $148.31 to repair compressor. I authorized again.
1/19/15 was called and told it would take an additional $43.49 for a total of $191.80 to complete the repairs. I declined the repairs.
My complaint is three fold.
1. It is unconscionable to me that I was called 3 times over 4 weeks in order to get the estimate on the repair correct. I made the decision on the first two calls to fix it but the cost was boarder line. Today on line a new 20 gallon compressor is on sale for $239.99. If I had been told up front the total cost was going to be $191.80 I would have not authorized any repairs and just bought a new one.
I can anticipate the repairman’s defense. “I had to fix the drain valve and rod to determine the line to the tank was leaking.” That of course is not true. If the unit had been plugged in a casual observer could and did notice that problem #1 not the drain or rod it was the line going to the tank.
2. I live on a small farm and including cars, trailers, ATV’s and tractor I have 36 different tires to keep inflated. It is a hardship to not have a compressor the premises. It took way too long, 28 days to even get the estimate for repairs correct.
3. I have enclosed pictures of how the compressor was returned. As you can see the Plastic Housing around the motor was not put together nor was it properly attached to the tank. The line running to the tank was CUT. When I was trying to load the unit into my trailer the tires would not roll. The young man that helped me load it shook his head and said he couldn’t believe his company would return merchandise to a customer in that condition.
The worst part of my experience was sending back the compressor in pieces. The compressor is damaged by your company beyond repair. It was if the repairman was saying, “If you don’t let us fix it we will make sure no one else will be able to fix it either.”
I am a long time Craftsman customer and I will continue to buy tools from Craftsman. However, branding a compressor with the vaunted Craftsman name and providing the kind of service that I received from your company does damage to the brand.
More Review Details
What I liked
- Sales people were nice
What I disliked
- Poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Air Compressor
- Review category
- Household Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "“The Sterling Group DKI: Poor Workmanship Triggers Mental Anguish for Senior Citizen in Poor Health… On October 22 of 2007, Steven Hartmann owner of The Sterling Group DKI submitted an estimate..."
- "Sears kenmore elite refrigerator and their crappy extended warrenty . This is an almost three year old unit. I had some trouble with the ice maker freezing up and..."
- "Sending another picture due instruction not given. One picture at a time. Mattress having to diffent height. Right side of mattress lumpy and cushion is not smooth and firm. Picture..."
- "I just got my windows installed by Window World of Atlanta about a month ago. My windows are fogging. The funny thing is only the windows installed by Window World..."
- "We just returned from an adults get away at this fabulous all inclusive resort. We loved our room, which had an amazing ocean view and was recently renovated. Very clean..."
- "When the quote representative/salesperson called, they proceeded to ask questions about my prospective purchase and still refused to give a comparative estimate of various plans! They claimed that I had..."
- "BOUGHT P75-A7200 IN FEB 2014 AT A COST OF $800 FOR DAUGHTER IN USAF. TOSHIBA SENT OUT A BIOS UPDATE IN APRIL 2015 THAT BRICKED HER LAPTOP DUE TO THE..."
- "Horrible! When u have a emergency issue, they say "call your property manager" u call them and they DONT ANSWER...umm how is this right? I still get no answer and..."
- "I was going to write my whole story with all my fresh rage and anger at this company THIS month, but I had NO idea there were so many other..."