2.3

We bought an expensive electric furnace with an extended warranty. The contract states repairmen will come and service our unit yearly if we wish, and any repairs, services, parts, or travel costs are covered with the warranty.

So that means no out of pocket expenses. We've had the funace serviced twice in the past and needed an actual repair this past year. I started contacting Sears in the beginning of September '17 and never received one call back. One day in October I decided I would call until I was able to speak with a rep.

After many messages and prompts and call this number I got a human on the line. They were friendly and 'helpful' at least I thought they were. I called weekly for 3 weeks after that about my service request that I never received an appointment for. Once again I decide I will not get off the phone until I get things worked out.

I spend a ton of my apparently worthless time transferring from person to person, getting fobbed off and trying to be coerced into accepting "a call back." I have never received one call back in 2 months. After insisting I need to speak with a supervisor since I'm on 2 months of no resolution I am finally connected with supervisor Kadeesha. I explain the problem and that I haven't been able to get an appointment to fix my heater. It's November now and it's cold.

I ask her to make me an appointment. She can't. I ask her who can. No one can.

Can she transfer me to the service department?No, she can't. Then how can I get my furnace fixed? The service dept. will get back to me.

I tell her they haven't for 2 months. "Well, I can't just put you on their route." You mean you can't MAKE ME AN APPONTMENT!? This whole convo her voice is dripping with contempt and sarcasm, I'm totally wasting her time and why am I bothering her wirh my trivial complaint. So what if my kids are cold, right?

That's not her problem. For the entirety of the process of trying to get my furnace fixed, and I mean from day 1, I have not raised my voice, been rude, or laid blame. Kadeesha continues to refuse to get me a human in the service dept. and won't make me an appointment, and is enjoying every second of it.

She finally says she can transfer me to yet another dept. to get an authorization for. .......SPACE HEATERS! I have an almost $4000.00 furnace, but here, use these.

Transfer, start the damned script again and I lose it. I start crying from sheer frustration. Husband takes over and is not 1/4 as nice as I've been.

Suddenly we're authorized to hire an electrician, pay them, and Sears will reimburse us. Still waiting for our money in May.

Review about: Sears Home Services Furnace Repair.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments