Had a service repair call, diagnosed the problem with my refrigerator and charged $99 for that. I was told the part had to be ordered and the cost to replace with labor was $250.

I declined the replacement service at that time as I wanted to check the cost to replace the fridge. A week later I decided to have the repair done, called to get the same tech back and then started the nightmare. You are routed through a call centre in the MANILA. I cannot have the same repair person.

They want to send a different repair person over to diagnose the problem, and I am told that I will be charged again. I asked to contact the repairman and my request was denied. I asked them to have thefor the repair person order the part (I had the part number from the first estimate) and then come over and fix the problem. Their answer was that because I had declined the first estimate, they would have to have a new estimate and a new service charge.

This would then require two trips to my house to have a repairman diagnos a problem that has already been diagnosed (l have a written estimate), charge me, then order the part, and come back again.

Sears Home Service is a Fraud, one should be able to have time to decide on a estimate or even be able to get a second one. I will use another service to replace the part.

I liked: Service person was okay.

Comments

Smart move use a local repair company and it will end up costing you half of what sears charges. Rochester NY