Resolved
2.0
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Jan 20

After a several back and forth communicationas and to going to my credit card company to stop payment, Sears finally credited my account for the overcharge.

Original review posted by user Dec 21, 2017

I called for a dishwasher repair.It took two weeks and, when they finally came out, the cost to fix (a 6 year old Kenmore) was going to be over $500.

At that point, made sense to consider buying a new one but, as can be expected the repair man put me on the phone with someone trying to sell me a home warrenty. I decided to buy a new dishwasher (not from Sears). BUT WAIT...THERE'S MORE! I checked my credit card statement and I was charged twice for the $99 service call, one dated the day of the service and one deted the day after.

So I called Sears, explained the problem and was told I would receive a call back and an email. No call back but got an email saying the work had been completed and they could not refund my second charge. Was completely blown off. So, I emailed back with copies of the billing receipt and credit card statement.

No reply so then called again. After quite a bit of on hold time, the agent said I would have to challange the charge through my credit card company, which I did.

Did the service person submit the charge twice to pad his pocket or did Sears make a mistake, or is this a business practice hoping people won't noitice and follow up.Bottom line...DON'T TRUST SEARS.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Being double billed for the service call and then blown off.

Comments

Hear is a local phone number for you.Call Tom Hoyser 716-570-1391 he is a district manager in charge of home services.I would also contact your local news media and the bbb.Rochester, NY