We purchased several large appliances from Sears along with the warranties.Recently we had an issue with our gas range which was purchased in2013 whereby the stainless cover for the control panel developed a marring to the finish, likely due to the heat radiating from one of the burners.

When I contacted Sears warranty I was told that the damage was not covered because it was considered to be a "cosmetic" issue, which under the contract was not covered. I argued that it took an inordinately long time for the "cosmetic issue" to develop and was restricted to only one section of the panel directly above only one of the burners. To my way of thinking, this seemed to be a defect which developed over time. They did not even bother to respond.

I can tell you that I will never buy appliances from Sears again, let alone purchase their warranty. The Sears warranty is outrageously expensively and the coverage is far less than desirable. I can go to Lowe's (as just one example) and purchase quality appliances for far less money with a warranty that is a fraction of the cost for the Sears warranty and has far better coverage. It is no wonder that Sears is having great difficulty competing in today's market place and will most likely be closing the doors to all of their stores before long.

I gave Sears the opportunity to be proactive to address in a positive way a complaint from a dis-satisfied customer and they didn't even bother to respond.Purchase else-ware!

Review about: Sears Home Services Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Sears Home Services?

Comments

You can cancel and get a refund on your warranty Rochester ny