Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

My furnace broken down and I reported it four days ago. Finally got a fantastice subcontracted service company out yesterday (two days later) who discovered a bad control board and said he needed to replace and would expedite with Sears Home Warranty.

My six phone calls today went like this: #1, disconnected. #2, disconnected. #3, someone put me on hold to locate my claim # stating it didn't exist, 17 minutes late the line disconnected. Call #4 asked if I had a heart condition and checked the temperature in my area (it's November in the mid-Atlantic); she states the part will be approved in 24-hours, and she cannot figure out how to expedite the request and asks me to call back.

Call #6, the rep said they had to call me back because they didn't know how to expedite the service. She did call me back, stating my situation wasn't an emergency and my part should be approved in 2-3 days. Call #7, I try to get a true time expectation and am told it could be TWO WEEKS because Thanksgiving is in 8 days. That if I'm lucky, it might be sooner.

It's winter, but according to Sears, 29 degrees at night isn't considered cold. The worst customer service experience on record. Historical. I remain baffled by the no heat/sense of urgency/temperature calculator and personal questions.

I pay you a monthly fee. Fix my furnace; it's winter and a major holiday is next week. Thoughtless. Rude.

Untrained. Barely able to string a sentence together.

Avoid at all costs. I'm cancelling as soon as my repair is done.

Review about: Sears Home Services Warranty.

I didn't like: Poor communication, Disregard of customer, No one with athority, How long it takes, Rude employee.

Comments

When you cancel they will charge you even more money. I would call a local reputable heating contractor.

You will wait for Sears for a month. Rochester NY