Sears Home Services - Customer Service? Service Contracts Honored? NO!

We purchased a washer/dryer combo from Sears in August. We started noticing clothes were not clean, residue from pods left on them and the dryer was shutting off before clothes were dry.

As the appliances were still under warranty AND we purchased a service contract. We called Sears on Sept. 13 and requested a service call. We were told that a repairman could not be dispatched for TWO WEEKS which was unacceptable in itself. Our first appointment for repairs was on Sept. 27, and hour and a half AFTER the time the technician was supposed to be there and someone was sitting at home waiting for him, we received a cancellation text and were told that a new appointment could not be made until 10/6. An additional NINE DAYS added to the two weeks that we already waited for service. Multiple emails were sent to Sears on this issue, with the majority of them being totally ignored, and the ones that were answered we were basically told "too bad, you just have to wait, we can't schedule it sooner."

On Oct. 6, the date of the 2nd appointment, we waited all day for a technician. We checked in the afternoon and were told someone would be there between 3:55 and 4:30. No one EVER showed up! Then were were told they wanted to reschedule the appointment for Oct. 13. An entire MONTH after we first asked for Service.

Called customer service and was connected with someone in the Philippines who had such a heavy accent I could not understand him. I asked to speak with a supervisor. After sitting on hold for 20 minutes I was connected with another heavily accented woman who was extremely rude and said I could not speak with someone in the US or someone who spoke understandable English, she said there was nothing she could do about the appointments, argued with me and then hung up on me! I called back, again asked to speak with someone in the US and was, again, told that it was impossible. I finally spoke with another supervisor, after another 20 minutes sitting on hold and again in the Philippines, who did try to help. We supposedly have an appointment for this Monday for service but I will believe that when I see it!

Sears has lost a very loyal customer here. I asked to speak to someone about returning these appliances as it is obvious Sears cannot honor their warranties are service contracts but was told there was NO NUMBER I COULD CALL to speak to someone.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Repair time
    • Way sears treats us or their product
    • Way customer service for repairs handles things

Reason of review:
Sears Washer And Dryer Repair
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #932625 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sears Home Services? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Sears Home Services. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Sears Home Services.
Filing a new complaint about