Sears Home Services - Customer Service? Service Contracts Honored? NO!
We purchased a washer/dryer combo from Sears in August. We started noticing clothes were not clean, residue from pods left on them and the dryer was shutting off before clothes were dry.
As the appliances were still under warranty AND we purchased a service contract. We called Sears on Sept. 13 and requested a service call. We were told that a repairman could not be dispatched for TWO WEEKS which was unacceptable in itself. Our first appointment for repairs was on Sept. 27, and hour and a half AFTER the time the technician was supposed to be there and someone was sitting at home waiting for him, we received a cancellation text and were told that a new appointment could not be made until 10/6. An additional NINE DAYS added to the two weeks that we already waited for service. Multiple emails were sent to Sears on this issue, with the majority of them being totally ignored, and the ones that were answered we were basically told "too bad, you just have to wait, we can't schedule it sooner."
On Oct. 6, the date of the 2nd appointment, we waited all day for a technician. We checked in the afternoon and were told someone would be there between 3:55 and 4:30. No one EVER showed up! Then were were told they wanted to reschedule the appointment for Oct. 13. An entire MONTH after we first asked for Service.
Called customer service and was connected with someone in the Philippines who had such a heavy accent I could not understand him. I asked to speak with a supervisor. After sitting on hold for 20 minutes I was connected with another heavily accented woman who was extremely rude and said I could not speak with someone in the US or someone who spoke understandable English, she said there was nothing she could do about the appointments, argued with me and then hung up on me! I called back, again asked to speak with someone in the US and was, again, told that it was impossible. I finally spoke with another supervisor, after another 20 minutes sitting on hold and again in the Philippines, who did try to help. We supposedly have an appointment for this Monday for service but I will believe that when I see it!
Sears has lost a very loyal customer here. I asked to speak to someone about returning these appliances as it is obvious Sears cannot honor their warranties are service contracts but was told there was NO NUMBER I COULD CALL to speak to someone.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Repair time
- Way sears treats us or their product
- Way customer service for repairs handles things
You May Also Like
- "Hello Macy’s, I would like to say how DISAPPOINTED I am with your customer service. Let me explain a little about my frustration. I recently places 3 separate orders on Friday, June..."
- "I'm the consumer that purchased your dollar tree/greenbrier product,I'm contacting you because it has caused me great suffering and the loss of my health by damaging my organs and causing..."
- "this is a new shingle installed on my roof many more just like it an over nailed passed hernando county code inspection.also sears 3rd party inspector.problem is they are unable..."
- "Ordered these mens jeans as a Christmas gift for my nephew next week.....What the *** am I suppose to do with these...They were shipped to my house like this....this is..."
- "3 items I wore this week for the FIRST time broke. Sadly, i used to buy in volume but will stop shopping at the LC for quality reasons. I inspect..."
- "Out of stock for 3 months No Refund! When ordering online, you will see that merchandise is available and that the shopping cart will walk you to the final step..."
- "Harry and David has gone down hill and I will never order from them again. I recently d a box of "Royal Riviera Pears". These are NOT the Royal Riviera..."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."