Update by user Jun 18

Update: as of 7/18/18 Contacted Better Business Bureau, they refunded my initial charge of $349 and scheduled another visit “under close watch”. Technician comes out (8th visit) decides it’s a faulty control board and orders a new one.

Scheduled next appointment for today 7/18. I get contacted over the weekend that the part is on backorder (apparently this happens a lot) and I will be contacted within 7 days just to be told it’s in stock to wait ANOTHER week and a half to actually get someone to install it.

Which is a total of 2.5 weeks before they come to not fix it again. I emailed my BBB advocate so we’ll see but what can happen with a company that doesn’t care.

Original review posted by user May 15

I'm writing this knowing that nothing will be done to rectify the treatment I received and the poor business choices they adhere to. Let's Go...

Last week of March 2018, I schedule service due to a dishwasher not moving past the 1 minute on Rinse cycle. April 9th, technician comes out. I pay $400 for 2 parts that need replacing. Service #41585489. Tech #0008254. Part comes in & follow up to install parts on April 19th. Tech # 0599142. 3 days later, its still not completing the cycle so I call back. The new diagnosis & new parts ordered on May 5th is now the heating element. I don't make a fuss b/c it's under warranty and it's free. Appointment to install said part is scheduled for May 14th btwn 8-12.

Here's the fun part....

At 10:40 my Technician, Bill {who was very nice} called and said he can't fix it b/c he's not yet trained in that repair. WHY WAS HE SCHEDULED FOR MY REPAIR THEN????????????!! So before I hang up he schedules another appointment for the 22nd to solidify my appointment time and day of my choosing. He tells me to call customer relations {escalation queue} b/c of the mistake and they can make it right. I call the number and get a lot of "i'm sorry ma'am's" and "I understand your frustration". No solution. Also they deleted my number when inputting an alternate number and yet they can't seem to save the correct contact number, I asked this to be fixed 4x. THIS WILL NOW BE THE 5TH VISIT TO MY HOUSE IN 6 WEEKS! The "manager", I say that loosely as she had no authority what so ever, said all she could do was submit my complaint. To who exactly?? The magical routing team that deploys technicians but you can't actually contact for them to make an adjustment in customer service situations like this one. She informs me that I can speak to the routing team rep when they call me and they can make a decision to expedite my repair. Well that was a lie. ps... the heating element finally arrived at my house at 5pm when my service was scheduled at 8am. So had they come, they wouldn't have had a part.... Hits keep coming.

At 7:35am today, I get an email stating my appointment on the 22nd needs to be rescheduled. I figured it was b/c of the submitted complaint. NOPE. They just up and decided to change my appointment time b/c of reasons they couldn't explain. Apparently me scheduling the service didn't solidify ANYTHING. I request a supervisor only to be put back into the customer care queue. Finally get a supervisor and she also has NO AUTHORITY. NOBODY HERE CARES. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FACT THAT PEOPLE WORK. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT HOW THEY CHAGE APPOINTMENTS ON YOU. THEY DON'T CARE TO SCHEDULE A TECHNICIAN WHO'S TRAINED IN THE REPAIR YOU NEED. THEY DON'T CARE TO OFFER RESOLUTIONS OR RECTIFY THEIR POOR BUSINESS CHOICES.

THEY. DO. NOT. CARE. I requested a technician come this Thursday as this is now several mistakes on their end, not mine and they need to accommodate MY schedule. They tell me no. This is inexcusable. I hope you follow the lead of babies R us. Toys R us. Etc. Do everyone a favor and go out of business.

THEY ARE NOT THE ONLY RETAILER TO SELL APPLIANCES. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF YOUR SANITY BUY ELSEWHERE. I have never had a company treat me so so poorly

Review about: Sears Home Services Dishwasher Repair.

I didn't like: Lack of interest and value show of my time, Overall experience, Your service, That there were no solutions after 4 calls to escalation queue, Tech not able to repair.

Comments

$400 would buy a new dishwasher!

ThinkableOtter

I have had a very similar customer experience as this review. Sears needs to die a slow and methodical death and go out of business. I will never buy another thing from Sears.If I ever met a Sears Executive I'd give them a piece of my mind.

to ThinkableOtter #1481759

Agreed. Bottom line nobody there cares so they deserve to go out of business.