Update by user Jan 06, 2013

Mr.D'Ambrosio finally received my email (and/or letter).

As a result, he assigned this incident to a Blue Ribbon assistant who was able to initiate corrective action. His decision: refund the cost of the purchased water heater to my credit card that day.

This obviously is the solution which addresses Total Customer Satisfaction.I am satisfied; but appalled by the inability of lower level employees of Sears Holding Corporation to take this same action, weeks earlier.

Original review posted by user Aug 20, 2012

Dear Mr. D'Ambrosio and Sears Holding Board Members,

Sears water heater failed on June 16th. House would flood if tank not drained that day.

Water Heater was under warranty.

Repair by Sears would take 2 to 3 weeks. (Omak, WA is Rural America) 1st available technician appointment June 28. After this appointment, a replacement would be ordered and upon arrival at local Sears, installed by Sears contract plumber.

No comparable Sears water heater available locally.

New water heater purchased at Ace and installed by Sears approved plumber that day.

Since Sears was unable to respond to the failure in a timely fashion, even for an emergency, I again ask that Sears pay for the replacement water heater.

So far, the only answer received has been "We cannot do that". This response has always been over the phone (no caller ID), never in a letter or email and never with any additional explanation or last name of the caller!

Put yourself into the same situation. What would you expect an iconic company to do?

I suspect it would be: Service you with a timely repair. Or if unable to do so, compensate you after you took emergency corrective action.

Please prevail upon the Sears Repair organization to provide the $366.17 cost of the emergency purchase of a water heater by an over 90 senior living on a very limited income.

Review about: Sears Home Services Warranty.

Had an Experience with Sears Home Services?

Comments

CEO finally received message and Top tier of Executive Office, a Blue Ribbon Service Case Manager (NOT Anthony V mentioned above) examined the situation.

Thinking and acting outside the box, he agree that there should be payment for the water heater installed in the emergency. This payment has already occurred!

Thank you for the customer friendly resolution.

BTW, there should be an easier way to reach this organization for special cases.

vicinomak

Kira, with Sears Teleserv in Austin, TX called 8/23.Said she was with Sears Executive Office (though the Executive Office is located in Hoffman Estates, IL).

Kira could do nothing.

Case open and she had to have Case Manager Anthony V call. She could not furnish his phone number. So much for employee empowerment.

She also could not explain what a 12 year warranty on a Sears water heater meant.

(See page 32 in the manual).:?