Sears Home Services - Suppose to be the Professionals
I called Sears Home Service out for and estimate on replacing the main roof. This was around the 1st of January. The saleman promised everything top notch service and support. Going though the sale I had mentioned something to the salesman and he had acted like I had 3 heads and a hump back. No they wouldn't attempt a job like this untill the weather warmed up to about 40 to 50 degrees I didn't think much of it but said we could wait. But to my surprise when the 3 day wait was over with financing I get a call from Charles saying they are ready to start my job and that is when all the fun begins.
I asked Charles if this was a good Idea and explained to him the discussions I had with the salesman that I didn't want my roof open for and extented period of time and he reassure me that it was said the most it would take is 1 day maybe first part of the next.
The contractors didnt even show up till 1:00 didnt get started for atleast and hour. Instead of moving everything as they said everything was tossed on the front porch and stomped on. Needless to say this job went way longer than 1 day and part of the next. Called my Sears professional Charles repeatedly with no luck. Wouldnt return my phone calls and finally had to threated to go over to get answers and get a call. Charles had no idea what was going on. The only thing he could do is blame the contractors. So it was evident this premium service was bogus Sears had no idea what the contractors were doing.
The contractors tried to reuse my old flashing instead of installing new as I was told had to be replaced for the warranty. Called Charles to confirm and was told already done but the roofers had just nailed down my old flashing called my salesman with no luck. Finally get home at 5 and they was just starting the flashing. Charles nor the saleman had no clue what was going on.
So finally got in Touch with Doug the District Manager from Sears and guess what nothing. He promised to come down and have a meeting with the salesman and the service guy but in the end couldn't make it. So he sent the Salesman and the Service guy back out to my house. I told the service man and the saleman what I thought. The after the sales support sucks. Charles has not once to date called with and update on anything. Nothing as happened the way the saleman promised. Showed them the mess the contractors left at my house. nails, trash left on the roof. None of the stuff was put back. We had to clean up the mess. Then showed them the problems with the job valleys not cut right, flashing done poorly
Doug spent most of his time telling me that it was not Sears fault but the contractors. I told Doug thats not my problem I hired Sears not the contractors but Sears never accepted any respnsiblity.
So I get a call from Sears Home Services saying my job was complete and needed to shcedule and inspection. I told the gentleman the job was not complete there were still issues. So out of the blue get a call from the other company they are coming out to fix the problems.
Finally so up a couple weeks later and attempt the repairs. The service manager and master service tech come out to my house last night to review the repairs and agree not done correctly and need to be redone.
Finally it comes to a head and we get to talking about the completetion, I was told if I didnt sign the completion Sears was a big company and I didnt need this on my record I didnt want to mess with there attorneys. The job is not even done and I am getting threated to sign the complettion papers??
I told them that was fine we could go to court I wont be threatened. I was promised superior service and support niether of which I have recieved a job that was promised 1 to 1 1/2 days is now 3 months. Not once has my service consultant called me for anything
I didnt presue sears to start the job. Sears presued me after the money was approved. Customer Service wasnt a factor just get the money and run and then threaten with big business. With all the excuses that where made and so fourth how sears stay in business is beyond me. But dont just take my word for it Google Sears Home Service complaints as I should have and maybe you can avoid the many headaches i have had to deal with.c0cd7db
You may also like
- "When any company represents by documents and statements that the home you are purchasing is "Energy Star" Certified and "Comfort Wise," you believe it to be a fact. Lennar also..."
- "An excerpt from a speech made by Elizabeth Dole in Jan, 1979....far too many Americans are expressing outrage and anguish because their dream homes become a nightmare! Shoddy building..."
- "Sending another picture due instruction not given. One picture at a time. Mattress having to diffent height. Right side of mattress lumpy and cushion is not smooth and firm. Picture..."
- "Made in U.S.A but not made with pride that's for sure! Curbside Alert! Paid $2,000 for reclining couch, reclining love seat and recliner. In two years the stitching ripped at..."
- "I ordered flowers with chocolate worth 70-80 pounds on Thursday for my friend's birthday on Saturday Delivery. The flowers were never delivered. When I checked with the delivery company then..."
- "Believe it or not, you did the right thing. This will sound terribly unprofessional but you did the right thing by reporting Laura McClure of Atlanta. You saved thousands of..."