Update added by user Jan 06, 2013
Mr.D'Ambrosio finally received my email (and/or letter).
As a result, he assigned this incident to a Blue Ribbon assistant who was able to initiate corrective action. His decision: refund the cost of the purchased water heater to my credit card that day.
This obviously is the solution which addresses Total Customer Satisfaction.I am satisfied; but appalled by the inability of lower level employees of Sears Holding Corporation to take this same action, weeks earlier.
Original review posted by user Aug 20, 2012
Dear Mr. D'Ambrosio and Sears Holding Board Members,
Sears water heater failed on June 16th. House would flood if tank not drained that day.
Water Heater was under warranty.
Repair by Sears would take 2 to 3 weeks. (Omak, WA is Rural America) 1st available technician appointment June 28. After this appointment, a replacement would be ordered and upon arrival at local Sears, installed by Sears contract plumber.
No comparable Sears water heater available locally.
New water heater purchased at Ace and installed by Sears approved plumber that day.
Since Sears was unable to respond to the failure in a timely fashion, even for an emergency, I again ask that Sears pay for the replacement water heater.
So far, the only answer received has been "We cannot do that". This response has always been over the phone (no caller ID), never in a letter or email and never with any additional explanation or last name of the caller!
Put yourself into the same situation. What would you expect an iconic company to do?
I suspect it would be: Service you with a timely repair. Or if unable to do so, compensate you after you took emergency corrective action.
Please prevail upon the Sears Repair organization to provide the $366.17 cost of the emergency purchase of a water heater by an over 90 senior living on a very limited income.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Sears Water Heater
- Review category
- Household Services
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Avoid Empire-Today at all costs!I come from a unique perspective in that I worked as an Independent Sales Contractor for Empire for a year and a half. Unfortunately, I cannot..."
- "Was scheduled for 12/18/15 between 1-5 (under extended warranty agreement) - spent the entire day waiting, no one from Sears ever called, even after repeated calls on my part -..."
- "Three weeks ago, I had a LeafFilter rep come by and tell me about the system. He had this great portfolio that with detail told me how they were above..."
- "So not only did it take 3+ months to get here but it also came in the wrong size. Just opened it up and looked at how BIG they are...."
- "This month i needed drive tires on my dump truck and happen to be at a local salvage yard buying a wiper motor and found these tires in the pictures..."
- "Do some research on Loral Langemeier, who she is, where she came from and more about her services. You will be shocked! Loral Langemeier is a fraud! One of Langemeiers..."
- "Aloha, Not sure about all Domino's Pizza but the one in Ewa Beach has know real method of how they top their pizza. I recently order a large three topping..."
- "I bought a leather sofa for $1200.00 (1st mistake) from Art Van. I noticed after 2-3 months that the back of the sofa was wearing off. I treated it with..."
- "Goos morning, i tried to ooen a complaint through the huawei's site but i haven't reply. i bought my huawei p9 plus the 6th of august in italy. Two days..."