Sears Home Services - 2+ weeks to repair Sears water heater
Update added by user Jan 06, 2013
Mr.D'Ambrosio finally received my email (and/or letter).
As a result, he assigned this incident to a Blue Ribbon assistant who was able to initiate corrective action. His decision: refund the cost of the purchased water heater to my credit card that day.
This obviously is the solution which addresses Total Customer Satisfaction.I am satisfied; but appalled by the inability of lower level employees of Sears Holding Corporation to take this same action, weeks earlier.
Original review posted by user Aug 20, 2012
Dear Mr. D'Ambrosio and Sears Holding Board Members,
Sears water heater failed on June 16th. House would flood if tank not drained that day.
Water Heater was under warranty.
Repair by Sears would take 2 to 3 weeks. (Omak, WA is Rural America) 1st available technician appointment June 28. After this appointment, a replacement would be ordered and upon arrival at local Sears, installed by Sears contract plumber.
No comparable Sears water heater available locally.
New water heater purchased at Ace and installed by Sears approved plumber that day.
Since Sears was unable to respond to the failure in a timely fashion, even for an emergency, I again ask that Sears pay for the replacement water heater.
So far, the only answer received has been "We cannot do that". This response has always been over the phone (no caller ID), never in a letter or email and never with any additional explanation or last name of the caller!
Put yourself into the same situation. What would you expect an iconic company to do?
I suspect it would be: Service you with a timely repair. Or if unable to do so, compensate you after you took emergency corrective action.
Please prevail upon the Sears Repair organization to provide the $366.17 cost of the emergency purchase of a water heater by an over 90 senior living on a very limited income.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Do NOT hire or trust Pillar To Post. My wife and I hired Pillar To Post for our home inspection before buying our house. Paul Grise, the inspector, at no..."
- "Rebath attempted to repair a damage tub spout that they installed in our bathroom after they remodeled, but did not complete the job as the insurance Company advised them..."
- "I had this contractor put up a gate. It was made from redwood. He did not match sides or hide the nail marks. He left gaps in..."
- "I detest the "Continue Playing" icon that pops up when watching Netflix! I stretch out and watch them on my couch and every other episode I have to get up..."
- "This post is in regards to an individuals by the name John Payne. He also goes by the following aliases: John Paynes Payne John Wayne Meyers Archie Brown If you have been scammed..."
- "I bought a power barrel for $1149 dollars and the barrel broke right of the box and it did not come with a warranty. The owner of the company when..."
- "They said they would award me generously extra points so I could do some shopping... well they rewarded me an extra 3 dollars even though I paid 10 for shipping......"
- "Microsite Masters & WordAI are absolutely horrible! Avoid them at all costs! Unfortunately Digital Marketing/SEO industry is filled scammers and crooks and I've seen just about every scam imaginable taking..."
- "Good day to you and the rest of staffs. My name is Miss Joan Shurland, one of your over seas customer. I brought a skirt from you which I receive..."